Oh, and the Starbucks card? I’m using it to buy the Starbucks Christmas CD! It will always have a special place in my Christmas music collection because there is such a lovely story behind it.
Be sure to stop by and check out more Wordful Wednesday posts!
As a public service for the holiday season, I am ending all my posts for this week with recommendations of toys that I’ve found to be worthwhile in case you need any ideas for the child in your life. Today’s recommendation:
Cariboo by Cranium
- Cranium Cariboo comes with a Cariboo Island game board, six treasure balls, two sets of cards (beginner and advanced), one key, a treasure chest, and rules sheet
- Kids love every minute of Cranium Cariboo as each turn gives them the chance to match fun drawings, unlock secret doors, and even discover hidden treasure
- Every game is different — you never know where the treasure balls hide
- Rounds of Cariboo last about 10 to 15 minutes — perfect for young attention spans
- Cranium Cariboo helps kids grow, and it grows with your child!
What I Say: This game has so much fun stuff going on — dropping brightly colored balls in holes, opening “locks” with a key, a treasure chest to open — that they don’t realize they are sneakily learning their numbers, colors and letters. There are two sides to the cards (Beginner and Advanced) so y0u can adjust the difficulty to your child’s needs. My son and his friends love this game — the biggest problem is fighting over whose turn it is to unlock the next door! I pretty much love all Cranium games but this is a perfect game for the young ones!