I remembered, Angela! I finally remembered to do Friday High Five! See, I told you writing it down on my post schedule would work! So now here are five completely random and unrelated things.
1. I’m trying to lose weight and exercise more. My goal is to be “Fat Jessica Simpson” (AKA 135 pounds). Up until last week, I actually had a diet/exercise blog that was supposed to help me lose weight. It didn’t — I just spent more time writing about food than doing anything purposeful. So I decided to delete the blog since I never had time to write on it and it wasn’t really helping. But several people suggested that I try to incorporate it on this blog in some way, and I thought that was a good idea. So I am adding a little weight tracker doo-hickey thing-a-ma-jig so you can see just how much weight I am NOT losing. My new approach is to log my eating and exercise at this free site called SparkPeople.com (kind of like online Weight Watchers but free!). I started doing that earlier this week and realized that I may not be losing weight because I eat 75% of my allotted calories by lunchtime!
2. I need to get this blogging thing under control because my husband gave me a stern “talking to” last night. I only have about two hours a day that I can really blog. But recently it has been creeping into the time when I am supposed to be doing other things — like cleaning the house and spending time with my husband. Plus I feel like I don’t have time to read books anymore. It has gotten totally out of control. So last night, my husband said I needed to get my blogging habit under control and stop trying to read and comment on every blog I come across because it is just not possible to do. So I might be lurking more and commenting less. I might be reading your blog in a reader once a week. I might not be able to visit your blog every time you comment on mine (like I was trying to do). Please understand … I’m doing my best but *gasp* I’m not Superwoman and my husband has had enough of my type, type, typing all night long. Just know that I appreciate you more than you know and am grateful for everyone who reads this blog.
3. The Little One made me cry the other night. After dinner the other night, I was doing the dishes and the Little One told his dad he wanted to write me a note. With Daddy’s help, he wrote the sweetest little note:
We then had this conversation:
Little One: I want you to have this so you don’t forget me.
Me: Forget you? I would never forget you! Why would you say that?
Little One: In case you forget me after I’m gone.
Me: After you’re gone? Are you planning on going somewhere? What do you mean?
Little One: You know … after I die. I don’t want you to forget me after I die.
This just ripped my heart into 1,000,000 pieces and I got a bit teary. My husband leaped in to help me out and explained how we would never ever forget him no matter what. But this whole thing just floored me. We then sat down as a family and wrote notes to each other so we all had one. Oh Little One — you just break Mommy’s heart sometimes.
4. Thanks to everyone who took the time out of their busy day to visit Brenna’s blog the other day! Here is what Brenna’s mom, my good friend Colleen, had to say in response:
Thanks for the fantastic write-up, Jenners! Thanks to everyone who checked out Brenna’s blog and especially those who wrote comments. You totally made her day! She was floored by the number of visitors. We were eating dinner with author Chris Crutcher and she said, “Mom I normally get about 8 visitors to my blog in a day, but for some reason I had 64 yesterday!” Chris’ eyes got big and I just cracked up!
I need to give credit where credit is due. Brenna’s teacher, Scott Hossack (http://teachers.saschina.org/shossack/), uses blogging as an educational tool and he’s extremely good at it. Blogging really motivates Bren and I’m sure most of the kids in her class. I wish I could go back to 5th grade!
5. It is Daylight Savings Time on Sunday! So I guess we spring forward … but I never remember exactly what that means. All I know is that it is a pain in my rear end and messes up the Little One’s sleep schedule and then I have to reset all the clocks. Do we really need this anymore? I think not.