I was just folding laundry and all of a sudden, a blog post (one that was light-hearted and funny) popped into my head and I thought I better quick catch this moment while I can so here is is — raw and unprocessed right from my brain (which still has joy, laughter and humor in it despite the sadness, melancholy and grief that has taken over lately).
The inspiration? This pillowcase that I totally plan on putting on the bed WITHOUT IRONING! (And the sheets are just as wrinkled but they too will be untouched by an iron.)
- Do you iron sheets and pillowcases before putting them on a bed?
- Could President Obama show up unannounced at your house and immediately go into any bathroom in your house without you having a panic attack about its state of cleanliness?
- Could you pull off see-through glass cabinets in your kitchen?
- Would you confidently allow someone to run a white glove on the tops of the hinges on your closet doors — completely sure that they wouldn’t find one speck of dust?
- Would you be willing to eat off of your kitchen floor?
- Is your laundry folded and put away within 10 minutes of the dryer buzzer going off?
- Could a newborn baby with severe allergies take a nap on your carpet and wake up with nary a new hive?
- Do you have children under the age of 5 but your house does not a fingerprint to be seen — even on the windows?
- Have you washed or drycleaned your curtains in the last year?
- Are you intimately familiar with your baseboards — having cleaned them within the last 5 years?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, you are Insane About Housekeeping. You need immediate treatment — which consists of coming over to my house at least twice a week, preferably on laundry days, and spending some quality time with my baseboards, kitchen floors, bathrooms … and, well, everything.