- Experiencing a crazy-ass thunder and lightning storm during which I had two hysterical 5-year-olds running around screaming “We’re gonna die!!! We’re gonna die!!!!” and me saying “No, we’re perfectly fine” … until a 25-foot tree fell down onto our house and I began to have doubts.
- Observing a goldfinch recover from the shock to falling 25-feet to the ground during the storm.
He looked a lot better after two hours.
He was gone in the morning.
I did not find a body so I think he made it!
- Sweating in 92-degree heat while waiting for the power to go back on (which took 28 very long and sweaty hours).
- Thinking how much it would suck to live in the olden days without electricity.
- Supervising a pack of children who somehow decided to spend the “heat day” at my house.
- Watching everything in my freezer and fridge slowly melt and turn bad.
- Helping cut the tree apart. Well, I didn’t cut it … I was given the task of carrying the pieces to the curb.
- Finally, blissfully, getting power back and getting sweet sweet air conditioning and computer back. Of course, now I’m way too tired to blog other than to write this post about our little adventures the past few days. In fact, I think I’m heading off to bed!
Hoping your last few days have been cooler and more relaxing than mine,
P.S. With no electricity, I’m real behind in all things blog-related. I’ll be back in the swing of things eventually … unless the storm that is supposed to come on Tuesday is a real doozy.