This week’s question (once again!) comes from Nise’ at Under the Boardwalk who asks:
What book or books do you find yourself recommending over and over?
To answer this question, I decided to break up my answer into a series of posts where I recommend some of my favorite books in a variety of categories.
This week, I’m recommending books about restaurants, motherhood and offbeat contemporary fiction. Be sure to leave me your recommendations in these categories in the comments!!! I’m always looking for new books to read.
If you’re looking for books about restaurants, I recommend:
- Wife of the Chefby Courtney Febbroriello
- The Fourth Star: Dispatches from Inside Daniel Boulud’s Celebrated New York Restaurant by Leslie Brenner
- Kitchen Confidential Updated Edition: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain
If you’re looking for books about motherhood, I recommend:
- Bad Mother: A Chronicle of Maternal Crimes, Minor Calamities, and Occasional Moments of Grace by Ayelet Waldman
- Toddler: Real-Life Stories of Those Fickle, Irrational, Urgent, Tiny People We Love edited by Jennifer Marguilis
- The Imperfect Mom: Candid Confessions of Mothers Living in the Real World by Therese J. Borchard
- Literary Mama: Reading for the Maternally Inclined edited by Andrea J. Buchanan and Amy Hudock
- Mother Shock: Tales from the First Year and Beyond — Loving Every (Other) Minute of It by Andrea J. Buchanan
If you’re looking for offbeat contemporary fiction, I recommend:
- Christopher Moore‘s books
- Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips
- I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle
- The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta
- How I Became a Famous Novelist by Steve Hely
Tune in next week, when I recommend books about real-life survival, writing and spirituality.