What book or books do you find yourself recommending over and over?
To answer this question, I decided to break up my answer into a series of posts where I recommend some of my favorite books in a variety of categories. This week, I’m recommending books about real-life survival, writing, and spirituality. Be sure to leave me your recommendations in these categories in the comments!!! I’m always looking for new books to read.
If you’re looking for books about real-life survival, I recommend:
- Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer
- The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea by Sebastian Junger
- Alive by Piers Paul Read
- The Last Place on Earth by Roland Huntford
If you’re looking for books on writing, I recommend:
- On Writingby Stephen King
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
- If You Want to Write: A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit by Brenda Ueland
- Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk and E.B. White
If you’re looking for books on spirituality, I found much of value in these books:
- Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know by Victoria Moran
- Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul by Elayne St. James
- Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff
Tune in next week when I’ll be sharing my recommendations for historial fiction (that ISN’T about kings and queens), travel narratives, and one year quests.
What are other book bloggers saying about these books? Find out at the Book Blogs Search Engine.
Note: I am an Amazon Affiliate and earn a percentage of sales if you purchase a product using Amazon links on my site. So, if you do, thank you!