Join the fun over at Mama’s Losin’ It
This week, I’m choosing Prompt 5: Define “freedom.” (inspired by NaBloPoMo)
- What I thought I’d be experiencing this week once the Little One started first grade and was in full-day school. Instead I’ve been tasked with the “lawn thatching” project, which is sucking the joy out of my life and the strength out of my (admittedly) weak body.
- Just another word for nothing left to lose. I’ll give you 5 points* if you can identify the song this came from without using anything other than your own brain.
- The title of the long-awaited new novel by Jonathan Franzen, which I’d really like to get a copy of for my birthday. This is a thinly veiled hint for one particular reader of my blog, whose initials are M.J. (Note: If your initials happen to be M.J. and you’re thinking “Why the hell does Jenners think I need to get her something for her birthday??!!” and feeling a little outraged, please know that I’m talking about Mr. Jenners, not you.)
Look! A convenient Amazon link to the book I want for my birthday.
How did that get here?
- Being able to stop a list after just four items because you’re so damned tired from the aforementioned “lawn thatching” project and you have a massive body ache and the inclination to go to bed at 8:00 p.m.
* The 5 points are worthless and have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for any prizes, MP3s, animals or food.
Thinking evil things about the thatching rake that is causing me endless pain,