- I will probably never solve Rubik’s Cube. While we were cleaning out a cabinet earlier this week, I found one and tried for about 45 minutes to get just one side with all the same colors. It wasn’t happening. It probably never will happen.
- I’m totally lacking Christmas spirit. If I don’t find it fast, I’m going to have to do some world-class faking come Christmas morning. We did put our tree up this afternoon after the Little One badgered us to do it all week long. I think he was afraid Christmas wouldn’t come if the tree wasn’t up.
- I was completely insane when I thought I could have a little bag of Lindt Chocolate Truffles in the house and dole them out to myself at the rate of one a day. Why I would believe this despite 43 years of evidence saying otherwise, I’ll never know. (Do I really need to tell you that the bag is gone?)
- If you change the permalink structure on your blog and have to go back and fix 565 broken links, you will take a walk down memory lane as you visit almost all 700+ blog posts you’ve written over the past two years. It was actually kind of interesting to see my blog evolve over time, and I now realize what a wonderful record of our life it is.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas is way different than I remember it. How about that whole religious speech that Linus gives in the middle? What about the odd pacing and stilted dialogue? Seeing it again after years, I realize that the highlights are the music and Snoopy, and I’m not sure why I remembered it so fondly. (Though I totally agree with its premise that Christmas is overcommercialized.)
- On the other hand, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (the Boris Karloff-narrated, animated version) is pretty much exactly as I remembered it.
- Once I hit 100 books on my 100+ book reading challenge, I totally slacked off on my reading. I’ve been reading the same book for the past week, which is totally unprecedented.
- My gray hair to brown hair ratio is about 5 to 1. That isn’t good.
Here’s hoping that I find my Christmas spirit in the coming week and dye my hair!