For President’s Day, the Little One’s teacher asked all the kids to make up the laws if they were the president. Most kids did things like outlaw vegetables or make Pokemon a national sport. My Little One went for a little more law and order approach as you can see below.
This got me to thinking what sort of laws I would enact if I became president. Here is what I came up with:
- Research scientists would receive government funding to find a way to put all the vitamins and health benefits found in broccoli into chocolate without altering the taste of chocolate in any way.
- All cars would be equipped with a system that would allow other drivers to “tag” drivers that are dangerous or jerky. If a vehicle gets tagged more than 10 times, it would automatically become disabled. (Note: As president, my own car would be exempt from tagging.)
- The development of self-cleaning houses would be a national research priority.
- School would be in session year-round, with quarterly week-long family vacations mandatory. A staggered schedule would be implemented so that whole country isn’t on vacation at the same time.
- Brad Pitt would be the new face on the one dollar bill. (Sorry, George.)
- Each citizen would receive a voucher of $50 to buy books each quarter.
- The standard of sexy in Hollywood would be changed to be slightly tubby, graying and middle-aged. I would be the new face of Hollywood glamour.
- Charlie Sheen would be exported to Antarctica and would never be permitted to return.
How about you? What would you do if you were in charge of the country and had unlimited power?