This week, I’m going with Prompt 1: A list of ten things you should never ask your spouse.
- Hey, I’m writing a blog post about 10 things you should never ask your spouse. Do you have any ideas for it? * **
- Hypothetically, what is your definition of cheating? **
- Could you help me put this IKEA furniture together?
- Aren’t you looking forward to spending the next 50 years with me?
- Don’t you think it would be great if we worked AND lived together?
- Weren’t you putting money away for retirement?
- Where is that prenup we signed?
- I’m the sole beneficiary for your IRA and life insurance, right?
- I’m not sure exactly how you pronounce it but have you ever heard of the term menage a trois? *** **
- Can you look at this blog post I wrote and tell me honestly what you think?
* Because then your spouse will get all involved and criticize everything you just wrote by calling it hackneyed and “funny 50 years ago but not now.” Not that I’m speaking from personal experience or anything.
** Anything marked with a ** is from Mr. Jenners. He insisted on getting credit for all of his contributions.
*** A nod to Seinfeld.