I’m getting ready to depart for a little trip for spring break. However, I am unable to leave without ensuring that Trisha at eclectic/eccentric (who is playing a game of tag chicken with me) knows that I will not cry uncle and I will answer her latest questions and give her 11 more. SO HA, Trisha! The ball is back in your court!
The 11 Questions that Will Make Jenners Cry Uncle (<—-you wish, Trisha!)
- If you had to devise your own system of torture, what would it be? It would have to involve some sort of babysitting for a group of 7-year-old boys who are unable to decide on what game they want to play and who each feels the other ones are being terribly unfair to them. (Not that I speak from experience or anything.)
- Panty Hose: Damn my legs look awesome or Damn that’s uncomfortable? Damn, anything that masks the uneven tone of my legs and makes them look slightly more awesome is good for me but damn, they sure are uncomfortable.
- Is it better to tell your child there is no monster in the closet or that the monster is a friendly one (or you know, the third option: that it really is there and it really does want to eat you?)? Always always always that there is no monster in the closet (after a thorough inspection and liberal application of MonsterBGone) if you want a chance of getting peace at night. (Never ever go with option 3. That is terribly unwise and downright mean.)
- Are jeggings acceptable in public? Only if you look like the photo below (and I doubt you do. Nothing against “you” personally. Almost no one looks like this.)
- What is the most destructive thing you have ever done to a book? I treat books with the love and respect they deserve. That being said, I have dropped crumbs and gotten chocolate on pages and dog-eared more than my fair share.
- What are your thoughts on cliffhanger endings? I’ve given this a lot of thought, and I think…
- Paranoid People: Crazy or Smarter than the rest of us? Smarter than the rest of us. (Except for Mr. Jenners, whose paranoia is just annoying.)
- What would be the most awesome thing about living in the Old West? The boots … and prostitution being a viable career option.
- What’s more annoying: people who apologize all the time or people who never apologize? People who apologize all the time. I hate that. Sorry if I offended you with that opinion.
- What’s the best book for a new mother to read (is asking for real advice cheating?)? I actually wrote a post about this. I’d definitely recommend Anne Lamott’s Operating Instructions, Andrea Buchanan’s Mother Shock: Loving Every (Other) Minute of It, and The Baby Book by Dr. William Sears. Since it seems you are trolling for advice, my best advice is listen to your instincts and ignore what everyone else is telling you to do.
- How long do you think we can keep this up? I could keep this up for 5 or more years. (Even if I ceased all other blog postings, I still do this out of stubbornness.) In fact, I’ve introduced a new category called “Tag Chicken with Trisha” just for these posts.)
- How do you know my uncle and why are you crying out his name?
- Would you rather have chocolate fingernails or the ability to achieve orgasm whenever you sneeze?
- Would you rather have the flexibility of a gymnast or the stamina of a marathoner?
- Would you rather attempt to swim in lime Jello or liquid cheese?
- If you won a 5-minute buying spree at a bookstore, what section would you head to first?
- Don’t you think the Oscars should go back to only have 5 best picture nominees?
- Can you distinguish between your baby’s different cries or is that just a myth of motherhood like I think it is?
- For what music group/artist would you be willing to camp out all night to get tickets for their concert? (That was a difficult sentence to write using correct grammar and I think I failed.)
- Do you think it is unfair that Angelina Jolie gets her ENTIRE name in “Brangelina”?
- If you wrote a memoir, what would the title be?
- Are you really OK with devoting 1/10th of your blog posts to this game of tag chicken?
Tag … you’re it AGAIN, Trisha! (Unless you want to do the right thing and quit.)
Note to anyone else reading this: I’ll be visiting blogs sporadically (and possibly not at all during our mini-vacation) but I’ll catch up with you when we return. I have prescheduled some posts for you though.