What can I say? I’m a total cliche. I adore the whole New Year thing and making resolutions. However, given my repeated failures in the past, this year I am going to be more realistic.
Exercise and Diet
- I will go to kickboxing class twice a week. (I’ve been taking kickboxing classes for the past month and finally understand that whole “exercise endorphin” thing everyone has been talking about. Punching and kicking a Wavemaster is fun!)
- I will do one “at home” workout on the weekend.
- I will walk the dogs at least twice a day.
- I will not buy chocolate and snacks that I can’t resist eating. (If I don’t have it in the house, I won’t eat it.)
- I will plan weekly menus each Sunday so we don’t eat out as much.
- I will watch my portions.
- I will review books after I read them. If I fall behind, I will do mini-reviews for all books I haven’t reviewed at the end of the month so I don’t have 40 outstanding reviews to write at the end of the year.
- I will attempt to visit as many blogs as I can each week but won’t stress if I don’t get to visit everyone every day.
- I will post only two to three times a week.
- I will take one day off from blogging each week.
- I will not set a reading goal but I will track the number of books I read.
- I will read what I feel like reading and will limit the amount of books I accept for review.
- I will go to matinees during the week when there is a movie I really want to see.
- I will not procrastinate on putting the laundry away after it has been folded.
- I will use specific days for specific tasks (Monday = Grocery Shopping/Laundry, Tuesday = Bathrooms, Wednesday = Dusting/Vacuuming, Thursday = Financial Stuff, Friday = Sheets/Towels).
- I will work on one special project each week.
Why do I think that the Entertainment resolution is the only one I’ll keep? HAHA!
How about you? Did you make any resolutions for the year?